By the time a customer contacts an insurer, it’s likely that he or she has checked social media and online review sites. Naturally, customers expect to be able to use these tools during the claims process, as well. In this Insurance Chart of the Week, we’ll look at customer expectations for using social media as part of the claims experience.
Customers are open to using social media as part of the claims experience
Social media offers both opportunity and challenge for insurers. It’s a megaphone through which positive experiences can be shared—but it can also amplify negative experiences. Consequently, insurers had better be sure they’re offering an optimal claims experience.
- Watch Why claims service matters (Part 1 of 3) | Insurance Chart of the Week.
- Watch Why claims service matters (Part 2 of 3) | Insurance Chart of the Week.
- Read our latest thinking on Claims
- View other Insurance Chart of the Week videos.
- Email me to discuss how Accenture can help insurers leverage social media to improve claims service.