Submit case studies of your best insurance innovations for an opportunity to showcase your game-changing ideas in front of a global audience.
Have you entered this year’s Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards? If not, there’s still time to submit your ideas before the March 8 deadline.
A joint initiative from Efma and Accenture, the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards aim to identify and award the most innovative insurance programs and projects around the world. This unique, global initiative promotes and recognizes cutting-edge innovation in the insurance sector. It offers an exciting opportunity for insurers to present their novel ideas and to achieve global recognition in front of the most influential names in insurance.
This year, the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards will be given out in four categories, plus a special Global Innovator category:
- Best Disruptive Product or Service, for innovations that enhance and extend the traditional offer, serving new customer segments or entering new markets.
- Connected Insurance, for innovations that use the Internet of Things (IoT) to combine insurance with technology, ecosystem services and partners.
- Customer Experience & Engagement, for innovations that radically change the way insurance players engage customers for seamless, personalized experiences.
- Intelligent Automation, for innovations that leverage the power of disruptive technology like artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics.
- Global Innovator, to the most innovative insurance player worldwide, based on an overall vision to innovation, innovative projects and broad partnerships going well beyond insurance. This is a special category where companies are nominated by the jury.
Like last year, winners will be selected using a rigorous judging and voting process. First, an innovation committee will shortlist the best innovation in each category. Efma members then vote online accounting for 50 percent of the final result. The remaining 50 percent will be based on the votes of a dedicated jury of insurance professionals.
At the 2016 Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards, five winners were chosen among 148 institutions from 37 countries. Awards were given out in four categories (Customer Experience & Engagement, Digital Omni-Channel Distribution, Best Disruptive Product or Service and Claims Management) plus the Global Innovator category. Winners from North America included USAA in the Digital Omni-Channel Distribution category for its “Digital Virtual Assistant,” an industry-leading virtual assistant with a new conversational interface that targets infrequent digital users who need assistance with self-service, and those seeking a live agent.
Like last year’s winners, by entering the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards 2017, you will get a chance to:
- Be part of a focused publicity campaign and achieve international recognition for your great ideas and execution
- Be recognized by your peers and the broader business community as a leader in innovation
- Get closer to how other insurers are responding to key industry challenges
- Be exposed to best-practice innovation in the insurance sector – on a global scale – via the Innovation in Insurance portal
- Grow your network of senior executives in distribution, transformation, business development, innovation, strategy and more – all of whom are driving innovation for their businesses
- Benchmark your organization’s innovation DNA against your key competitors
Submit your case studies by March 8, 2017 for the chance of being recognized for your brilliant ideas and superb execution, and to support best practices across the industry. I particularly encourage entries in North America—let’s make this a year of unprecedented representation!
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony to be held in London on April 26, 2017 as part of the Efma Insurance Summit.
Best of luck!
To learn more about the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards or to submit your innovation, visit the Innovation in Insurance website. Submissions close March 8, 2017.