Of the insurers that are actively hiring claims professionals, 26 percent report problems in hiring. And, the most difficult positions to fill are:
- Claims handlers.
- Claims supervisors.
- Customer service representatives.
In order to satisfy customer demands, many insurers are focusing on customer service programs. Many are investing in:
- Mobile applications for customers (57 percent).
- Building digital customer profiles to enhance claims transaction handling (45 percent).
- Improving net promoter scores (43 percent).
- Improving JD Power claims satisfaction scores (30 percent).
To learn more:
- Read the survey: North American Claims Investment Survey: A Foot in Today, a Leap into Tomorrow for P&C Claims Functions (pdf; opens in a new window)
- View the Accenture North American Insurance Claims Investment Survey infographic