Other parts of this series:
As I mentioned in my previous post, deploying a large, agile program on a flexible platform such as Guidewire can be a huge challenge. That’s because getting the most out of a new technology platform, and the transformation that accompanies it, takes a rare combination of attributes. For this reason, we recommend carriers choose a partner to get them up and running as quickly as possible and to minimize risk to the business.
Why choose Accenture?
Accenture has decades of experience helping insurers achieve high performance. We serve 27 of the world’s top 30 P&C carriers, some 80 percent of which have been clients for at least the past 15 years. Our ability to develop effective business strategies and operational blueprints, and then to help deliver the targeted outcomes, gives carriers the assurance of an ample return on investment.
Other factors that make us the preferred Guidewire integration partner include:
- Unequalled experience in helping insurers through every step of their transformation journey, combining leading insurance platforms with the full selection of emerging digital technologies.
- Our dedicated Guidewire Delivery Center—a skilled and seasoned global implementation team numbering more than 300 specialists with more than 20,000 hours of Guidewire training.
- A powerful portfolio of industrialized Guidewire implementation tools, accelerators, best-practice frameworks and proven methodologies.
- Robust Guidewire capabilities that include New ClaimCenter Training, 24/7 ClaimCenter support, PolicyCenter Testing and PolicyCenter and BillingCenter Operational Data Stores.
- The ability to scale our services for regional and global projects.
- A deep understanding of how to reinforce Guidewire using the latest analytics, digital marketing, mobile, cloud and social media solutions.
- And a five-year track record of successful Guidewire implementations and support.
This gives us the experience and knowledge to help your organization shape, plan and execute a Guidewire implementation and meet any challenges head on.
Accenture’s Guidewire expertise in action
Here are a few examples of Guidewire projects we have supported:
- Claims system transition and support. A top 20 global P&C group, with operations in more than 20 countries, had standardized on Guidewire Claims in its three primary markets: North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific. But it was supporting three different versions with separate support models. In order to provide application development and maintenance services to the carrier globally, Accenture built a centralized Guidewire Claims support team in India with more than 60 resources, supported by a small team in each of the key markets. All three service transitions was successfully concluded in less than three months, in the process reducing the group’s application support costs and introducing more flexible, consistent ways of working.
- Core insurance system deployment. Pacifico Seguros is one of the largest insurers in Latin America. Accenture is implementing the entire Guidewire Product Suite, including PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter. Within six months we had helped the carrier halve its time-to-market and reduce its sales costs per policy by 35 percent. The full suite for the auto line of business was successfully delivered within 12 months, and the property, liability, and retail and commercial motor lines 11 months later. The last to be implemented are the remaining commercial lines and specialty products.
- Platform transformation. AXA, the leading French insurance group, has chosen Accenture to assist in the transformation of the business and IT capabilities of its Belgian claims activities. AXA Belgium and Accenture, together, will deliver a package-led re-platforming IT transformation (leveraging Guidewire software), and support the delivery of digital claims innovations.
For insurers considering a Guidewire transformation or for those who need help with an existing implementation, Accenture offers a differentiated approach to ensure you gain the maximum benefit from your Guidewire applications.