For the Accenture Claims Customer Survey, we surveyed almost 8,000 insurance policyholders in 14 countries. One part of the survey focused on fraud, and in particular, on claimants who falsify or inflate their statements of loss. We wanted to know: How prevalent is this behavior, and what drives it?
Claims fraud is rife
The takeaway? Insurers that improve the claims experience do more than mitigate losses and improve customer retention. They can also help reduce fraud.
- View Why claims service matters, part 1: Customer satisfaction
- View Why claims service matters, part 2: The switching economy
- View Why claims service matters, part 3: Channel preferences
- View Why claims service matters, part 4: Social media and apps
- Read our latest thinking on Claims
- Email me to discuss how Accenture can help you transform your claims function.