In some lines of business, insurance has become increasingly commoditized. In this Insurance Chart of the Week, we’ll examine findings from the 2013 Accenture Consumer-Driven Innovation Survey, which offer stark evidence that today’s consumer expects more from their insurers than policies and pricing options.
Customers want—and expect—risk management advice from their insurers
Providing personalized services, including risk management advice, is part of what it means to be customer-centric—and helps insurers attract new customers and build loyalty with existing ones. Insurers that provide tailored, relevant experiences will gain competitive advantage. In the switching economy, it’s not enough to avoid losing. Insurers must to play to win.
- Watch Playing to Win, Part 1: New Competitors | Insurance Chart of the Week
- Watch Playing to Win, Part 2: Personalization | Insurance Chart of the Week
- Watch Playing to Win, Part 3: Personalization | Insurance Chart of the Week
- View other Insurance Chart of the Week videos.
- Learn more about Playing to Win: The Digital Insurer | Accenture 2013 Consumer-Driven Innovation Survey (pdf) and our interactive visualization tool.
- Email me to discuss how Accenture can help insurers succeed in the switching economy.