Car-sharing instead of public transportation and ride-sharing instead of carpools? In the sharing economy, access trumps ownership—and transportation is a prime candidate for sharing. In this Insurance Chart of the Week, we’ll examine some of the insurance issues related to car- and ride-sharing.
Sharing, buying, price and convenience
Some elements of the sharing economy have captured more controversy than others, particularly on the regulatory front. But insurers shouldn’t be distracted from a prime opportunity to lead the discussion around insurance in the sharing economy. First movers can set standards and achieve first-mover status.
The question is, will you lead the pack or follow the leader?
- Watch Insuring Risk in the Sharing Economy (Part 1 of 3) | Insurance Chart of the Week.
- Watch Insuring Risk in the Sharing Economy (Part 2 of 3) | Insurance Chart of the Week.
- Register to download Lead the Pack or Follow the Leader: Insuring Risk in the Sharing Economy (pdf).
- View other Insurance Chart of the Week videos.
- Email me to discuss how Accenture can help insurers make the most of the independent agent channel.