With the flurry of day-to-day business, it can be easy to overlook the accomplishments of a team or company. I’m pleased to highlight some of the recent wins in our insurance practice.
Accenture builds and expands relationships with insurers
In early December, Accenture signed multi-year agreements with The Hartford to assist the insurer’s finance transformation. Accenture will help The Hartford:
- Simplify and standardize processes and tools.
- Identify appropriate technology investments to improve speed to market.
- Improve process consistency and reduce costs.
- Streamline the finance organization.
Additionally, a leading P&C insurer selected Accenture as their claims software provider. Accenture Claim Components will be delivered on a Software as a Service basis.
Accenture receives awards for P&C and life insurance software
Each year, leading analyst firm Celent acknowledges vendor excellence with their XCelent Awards, which evaluate the shifting vendor marketplace and award technology best practices.
Accenture Duck Creek Policy Administration received two awards, in the categories “Breadth of Functionality” and “Customer Base.” Also, the Accenture Life Insurance Platform received awards for “Advanced and Flexible Technology” and “Depth of Service.”
Client successes: XL Group
XL Group unveiled a multi-channel customer portal that offers real-time access to claims-related information. The claims data is available online and through an iPhone application. The claims data is generated by XL GlobalClaim, the insurer’s global claims system that is based on Accenture Claim Components.
Accenture helped XL design and develop the customer portal and its mobile capabilities, and has enabled XL to provide its customers with access to insurance information, when they want, through preferred channels.
To learn more, read the press releases:
- Accenture Selected by The Hartford to Team on Insurer’s Enterprise Finance Transformation
- Accenture Selected by Leading U.S. Property & Casualty Insurer to Provide Cloud-Based Claims Software
- Accenture Receives Industry Awards for its Property & Casualty Insurance Policy Administration Software Solution
- Accenture Receives Industry Awards for its Life Insurance Policy Administration Software Solution
- XL Group Unveils Multi-Channel Insurance Claims Customer Portal Developed with Accenture’s Support