In our survey of nearly 1,200 independent agents (IAs) in the United States, we discovered that IAs generally don’t see technology as the answer to their needs. Indeed, they ranked digital capabilities as fifth out of 12 overall priority areas. In this Insurance Chart of the Week, we’ll examine IAs’ attitudes toward technology.
Independent agents’ lower regard for some digital capabilities could impede future success
Given customers’ changing expectations for how service is delivered, this disconnect—between IAs’ intent to focus on their customers and their lower regard for omni-channel capabilities—could impede IAs’ ability to continue to offer exceptional customer service. Mobile and social media capabilities, in particular, could help IAs offer the tailored, responsive experience that many customers have come to expect and demand.
- Watch Evolving the independent agent channel (Part 1 of 4) | Insurance Chart of the Week.
- Watch Evolving the independent agent channel (Part 2 of 4) | Insurance Chart of the Week.
- Read our latest thinking on Customer Service.
- View other Insurance Chart of the Week videos.
- Email me to discuss how Accenture can help insurers take advantage of digital capabilities to enhance the IA channel.