Other parts of this series:
Submit your most innovative insurance projects and showcase your best ideas to a global audience.
It is my great pleasure to announce that the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards 2017 are now open for submissions. A joint initiative of Efma and Accenture, this unique initiative promotes and recognizes cutting-edge innovation in the insurance sector around the world. It offers an exciting opportunity for insurers to present their novel ideas and to achieve global recognition in front of the most influential names in insurance.
This year, the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards will be given out in five categories:
- Global Innovator, to the most innovative insurance player worldwide, based on an overall vision to innovation, innovative projects and broad partnerships going well beyond insurance. This is a special category where companies are nominated by the jury.
- Customer Experience & Engagement, for innovations that radically change the way insurance players engage customers for seamless, personalized experiences.
- Best Disruptive Product or Service, for innovations that enhance and extend the traditional offer, serving new customer segments or entering new markets.
- Connected Insurance & Ecosystems, for innovations that use the Internet of Things (IoT) to combine insurance with technology, ecosystem services and partners.
- Intelligent Automation, for innovations that leverage the power of disruptive technology like artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics.
Winners will be selected using a rigorous judging and voting process. First, an innovation committee will shortlist the best innovation in each category. Efma members then vote online accounting for 50 percent of the final result. The remaining 50 percent will be based on the votes of a dedicated jury of insurance professionals.
At the 2016 Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards, five winners were chosen among 224 innovations submitted by 148 institutions from 37 countries. Awards were given out in four categories (Customer Experience & Engagement, Digital Omni-Channel Distribution, Best Disruptive Product or Service, Claims Management) plus the Global Innovator category.
Winners from Europe included:
- Global Innovator: AXA Group, for four innovative solutions dedicated to health and wellness services, driving behavior and personal safety.
- Best Disruptive Product or Service: Europ Assistance Group, for an application supporting families with elderly family members living alone.
- Claims Management: Allianz, for a claims solution using drones in damage assessment.
Like last year’s winners, by entering the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards 2017, you will get a chance to:
- Benchmark your innovations against those of your key competitors.
- Get closer to other insurers that are responding to key industry challenges and be exposed to best-practice innovation – on a global scale
- Achieve credible profiling in tier-one business media and social media, on the Efma website, social media, innovation portal and member newsletter.
- Grow your network of other senior executives driving innovation in their businesses
- Get free access to the three-day Efma Insurance Summit as a winner and hear valuable insights from respected industry figures.
Submit your case studies by March 8, 2017 for the chance of being recognized for your brilliant ideas and superb execution, and to support best practices across the industry. Winners will be announced during the Efma Insurance Summit in London on April 26, 2017.
To learn more about the Efma–Accenture Innovation in Insurance Awards or to submit your innovation, visit the Efma Innovation in Insurance website.